This privacy notice explains why Murder Weekends Ltd collects information about you and how that information may be used.
As a data controller we are regulated by law under the General Data Protection Regulations. This means ensuring that your personal confidential data is handled in ways that are safe, transparent and what you would reasonably expect.
How do we process your personal data?
Murder Weekends maintain records about you once you have made contact with us either by filling in forms on the website (Site), interacting with the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you make an enquiry about our weekends.
Records held by Murder Weekends may include the following information:
- Name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Credit or debit card details prior to a booking for use by the receiving hotel.
- Preliminary information about a Murder Weekend booking relating to individual needs or health issues that may affect the booking.
- Technical information following your use of the website via ‘cookies’ to ensure ease of use and enable improvement in the future.
- Interaction on social media platforms which is instigated by you, Murder Weekends will respond to any queries via this medium and will delete at your request.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Murder Weekends collects and holds data for the sole purpose of processing bookings with hotels and marketing of future events, we will ensure your personal information is kept safe and secure. We can disclose information if:
- It is required by law;
- You consent;
- It is justified in the public interest.
Information is collected via Google Analytics about how visitors use our website, this data is anonymised at the point of collection and automatically deleted after two years.
How we use your personal information
All information about you that we collect or receive may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us (and the hotels) and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email;
- To notify you about any changes to our services;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features should you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and enable improvement as required;
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Sharing your personal data
Sometimes information may be shared for the following purposes:
- With business partners (hotels) for the contracted event entered into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- The business is acquired as a going concern the personal data held about clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients.
Where we store your personal data
All personal information provided by you is stored on a secure Database, a password protected booking system and within locked filing cabinets. Our staff are aware of their personal responsibilities having received appropriate and ongoing training to ensure the safety of your personal information. The following actions are also taken to ensure security:
- Installation of a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data;
- Carrying out regular back-up of information.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right to request a copy of your personal information;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information is corrected;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, have any concerns about the use of your personal information or submit a Subject Access Request (SAR), please contact Murder Weekends There may be a small fee attributed to your request dependent on the scale, but this will not exceed £10.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Murder Weekends or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website ico.org.uk or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, and Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to this website, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any changes to this privacy notice will be published on our website.
Murder Weekends Limited
21 College Road North
1. Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
• Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
• Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
2. The cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAcceptedAnalytics||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Analytical cookies||'_ga', '_gat', '_gid'||Used to see how our website users navigate the site|
|'IDE', 'test_cookie'||Used by Google to deliver video content from YouTube|
|YouTube||'GPS', 'PREF', 'VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE', 'YSC', 'remote_sid', 'nextId', 'requests'||Used by YouTube to deliver content & video on the website|
|'personalization_id', 'lang'||Used by Twitter to deliver social platform content on the website|
|'fr'||Used by Facebook to deliver website content on a social platform|
3. How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.